Thursday, May 24, 2012

Diplomas, Rings, and Writing...

     Every time I opened my mailbox for the past month or so, I couldn't stop that itching anticipation as I cracked the lid open and peered inside for that big, crisp, white envelope to arrive, and yesterday, it finally did! I can't tell you how cool it was to finally rip that envelope open and read,

"In recognition of successful completion of the requisite Course of Study Special Publishing..."
 
     I think I did a happy dance at that point. ^^ It was so good to see the results of all my hard work after so long and I want to thank my instructor Carla for all her patience, advice, and instruction over the duration of the course. You are AWESOME Carla!!! ^^ For anyone looking to maybe take a class on writing for children, I would highly recomend the Institute of Children's Literature. All of thier instructors are highly accomplished and work with you one on one. :)
     More exciting news this week, my uncle turned 40 today and my brother is engaged! So many happy occasions going on! We had my uncle's party last night full of good natured 40th birthday party pranks and my new sister-in-law-to-be got to show us all her gorgeous new engagement ring. Congratulations you guys! :D ^^
     Well in between all the birthday parties, engagements, and diploma dances, I've been plugging along on my novel and made kind of a big decision. I switched from first person POV to third person POV. I mostly write in third person so I think that helped. What POV do you prefer to write in? :)

2 comments:

  1. I really have no preference. I don't write a whole lot, but whenever I do, I find third person POV easier to write in. I think writing in first person POV always lets more of my own personality flow into the character. In the end it really depends on what kind of story. The more personal, the more I am likely to write in first person POV. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true. One thing I find bugs me when I'm writing in first person POV is that I can't ever find that balance between inner monolouge and outer action. It becomes a big gooey mess. Hehe :)

      Delete